Monday, March 16, 2009

Comp 2 is nearly over

The votes are in. Bill delivered votes in person, this time, so I do have the minimum requirement of three sets of votes. I correctly picked the winners of two groups (C and D), but was outvoted in the other three groups. I am a bit disappointed to see Straw Dogs and The Exorcist not even make it to the runners-up list, but that's the way it goes.

The five group winners are

The Third Man
Seven Samurai
Midnight Cowboy
Ran
The Godfather

The ten runners-up are

2001: A Space Odyssey
Blade Runner
My Life as a Dog
On the Waterfront
Cool Hand Luke
Bombay
M
Brazil
Citizen Kane
Yojimbo

From this list of ten I will select five films to complete the top ten list for competition #2. If you wish to express an opinion, feel free to do so, but realize that this last stage is basically my call. The complete top ten list will be posted soon, followed shortly by one more (possibly the last) competition.

No comments: